NEXT MEETING – Tue, July 26, 2016
Come join the fun at our annual Summer Picnic! The picnic, fun and games all start at 6PM. Let us know what you’re bringing by going to the Perfect Potluck website. The coordinator and password is in the July newsletter.
Fat Quarter Lotto
- July – patriotic
- August – green
- September – blue
- October – Halloween
Save the date!
Fall – Retreat is September 16-18, 2016 at the Berlin Inn and Suites.
The Common Threads Biennial Quilt Show will be September 20, 2016 from 6:30-8:30pm at Mifflin Presbyterian Church in Gahanna. It will include a judged show, raffle quilt, basket raffle, and a new highlight for 2016 – a featured quilter from our guild showing off the best of their best.
I know what you’re thinking. “Oh wow, what should I be doing to get ready?” Here’s everything you need to know.
- Put the date on your calendar.
- Start to plan on your quilt entries now. There will be a category for every size and technique, including totes and other three-dimensional entries. You can enter up to three pieces at $5.00 per entry. Note: although entering quilts in the show that have been at Show and Tell earlier in the year is not banned, the show is a lot more fun when the attendees haven’t seem most of the quilts before.
- Think about how you’d like to volunteer: judging, set-up, tear down, raffle baskets, snacks, etc. Karla Zadnik will circulate volunteer sign-up sheets or email her to volunteer.
Let’s make it our best show ever!
2016 RAFFLE QUILT
Tickets are available for the 2016 Common Threads raffle quilt. The quilt is 82″ x 82″. Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 tickets for $5.00. You do not have to present to win. Please contact any
Common Threads member for tickets. The drawing for the quilt will be at the:
COMMON THREADS QUILT SHOW
Mifflin Presbyterian Church
123 Granville St. Gahanna, OH
September 20, 2016 6:30 – 8:30pm
The Guild now has a Facebook page, thanks to Judy Sagara. Our show-and-tell photos will now be available on our Facebook page instead of in the newsletter. If you are a Facebook user, search for Common Threads Ohio Quilt Guild. Click on the “Join” icon. This is a closed group, so only members will see what is posted. Judy, as admin for the page, needs to approve your request, and then you will have access to the page. Use it to share pictures of your work, ask questions of other members, and share interesting Quilt-Related information. You will need a Facebook account in order to access the page.
- Membership Form – Use this form when you would like to join, or renew, so that we have your latest information. Membership Forms need to be turned in no later than the March meeting to be included in the Membership Roster.
- Expense Form – If you have any expenses that need reimbursed by the Treasurer, please submit them using this Expense Form. Be sure to attach your receipts. (Editable PDF file) (Word Document)
- Deposit Form – Here is the form for listing deposits to give to the Treasurer.
Members, click here for your roster.